St Anthony’s regularly offer a range of rewarding volunteer opportunities. Our Current Vacancies are outlined below
St Anthony’s Day Care is open 5 days a week Monday to Friday from 9:00am – 4:30pm, based at our community centre on Welbeck Road in Walker.
We offer a wide range of activities to suit individual needs, activities include music, arts and crafts, drama, games, entertainment, exercise sessions and outings. Our Volunteers bring a range of skills and abilities; this may range from someone who may enjoy sitting and chatting to service users, singing, playing games or watching DVD’s.
As a volunteer you will:
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with service users within the Day Centre
- Provide assistance with domestic tasks including serving meals and dish washing
- Provide company and engagement with service users through activities such as talking, singings, playing games
What skills or qualities do I need to have?
- Good Communication skills and a team player
- A liking for and empathy with service users
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Reliability and trustworthiness
- An interest in developing activities for service users
You can apply here by downloading and completing our Volunteer Application Form. You can also download the job description, person specification and application guidance for the position of Volunteer. Alternatively you contact us at St Anthony of Padua Community Association, Welbeck Road, Walker, NE6 3BT on 0191 234 5775.
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
Recruitment of Ex-Offenders – St Anthony’s policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders can be found picking clicking here….
Diversity Statement – St Anthony’s is committed to the equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all St Anthony of Padua is a Disability Confident Employer; this means we have been assessed as an Organisation who actively support opportunities for recruiting and retaining people with disabilities or health condition. You can find out more information about disability confident at www.gov.uk/dwp/disabilityconfident