Our Home Care services are regulated by the Care Quality Commission and at our last inspection (report published 29.03.2018) we have been rated “Outstanding” overall. The full report can be found at http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-115716773
We are a leading care provider in the East End of Newcastle we are recruiting for Care Workers to join our dynamic Home Care team working across Walker, Walkergate, Byker, Jesmond and Heaton. As a charitable organisation we continually re-invest in our staff ensuring that we offer the best terms and conditions that we can and we do this in partnership and consultation with staff.
- Rate of pay: starting at £8.55 per hour which will rise based upon length of service
- Guaranteed hours contracts
- Enhanced Bank Holiday Rates
- Uniform provided
- Paid 2 week induction period including work shadowing
- Paid ongoing training and development including NVQs
- Regular staff support including paid supervision and appraisal
- Travel time and travel costs reimbursed including mileage
- Smart phones provided for work purposes
- Welcoming staff base with complimentary refreshments
Our Care Workers are an integral part of our community and play an essential role in helping people continue to live independently in their own homes for as long as is possible.
As a Care Worker you will visit Service Users in their homes to undertake a range of tasks as outlined in the individual personal care plan which has been developed with the Service User. The range of tasks you will undertake will vary from visit to visit, but will include activities such as cleaning, cooking, shopping, support with personal care, administration of medication and/or accompanying service users to get out and about within the community. The service runs seven days a week all year round from 7.00am – 11.00pm. We provide mobile devices to support communications including confirmation of staff rotas.
We are looking for;
- People who are caring and committed to supporting people to live independently.
- People who enjoy people and who are patient and kind.
- People who treat people with dignity and respect
- People with good communication skills and committed to providing high standards of care
- Ideally you will have some previous experience in providing personal care, but this isn’t essential, what is essential is that you want to work in care services.
You can apply here by downloading and completing our application form. You can also download the job description, person specification and application guidance for the position of Home Care Worker. Alternatively you contact us at St Anthony of Padua Community Association, Welbeck Road, Walker, NE6 3BT on 0191 234 5775.
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.